Exercising is important. If you don’t exercise, you increase your risk of:
- Weight gain
- Chronic disease
- Earlier death
The good news is that there are ways to get your blood pumping and your muscles moving without feeling like you're exercising at all.
Here are some suggestions. Do them with your family for some extra bonding time that gets both you and the kids away from the computer. We’ve included how many calories you burn in 30 minutes if you weigh 185 pounds:
- Bicycling (355 calories burned)
- Bowling (133 calories burned)
- Dancing (244 calories burned)
- Gardening (200 calories burned)
- Hiking (266 calories burned)
- Playing with kids outside (178 calories burned)
- Walking (200 calories burned)
The important thing is to do something that increases your heart rate and makes you change positions and moves your muscles.
For example with gardening, you carry a watering can, walk around the yard, and squat close to the ground. This is similar to lifting weights! You work your leg, buttocks and core muscles.
Here are some tips that will help you be successful:
- Use a timer for activities such as dancing to make sure you get all of your time in
- Keep a journal and record your activities and time…try to beat your own records!
We hope this article takes you to greater health.
Please share this article with your friends and family so that they can also live a healthier life with easy and simple changes to the choices they make each day.