This recipe is from the cookbook “It’s All Easy”, a wonderful book with easy, fast, and healthy recipes that can be made in the evening after a day at work. I made some small modifications in the instructions so it’s just a bit easier to make. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium beets (peeled or very well cleaned)
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary, minced
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Use a mandolin to slice the beets as thin as possible. If possible, you should try to get them as thin as potato chips.
In a bowl toss the sliced beets with the rosemary, olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
Place the beets on baking sheets, making sure that none of the beet slices overlap.
Depending on how thick your slices are, bake for 20-30 minutes.
The It’s All Easy cookbook serves this with a cilantro hummus. You can serve these with your favorite hummus…Here’s a recipe I believe you will enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that it helps you live a better life. I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment below.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and family!
- Did you know, beet greens were eaten for centuries before the root portion became popular?
- Beets are closely related to Swiss Chard, and their leaves are similar in both taste and texture
- The root is an important source of sugar, and the greens are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and carotenoids
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- Support of detoxification
Selection and Storage:
- Choose small or medium-sized beets with firm, smooth-skinned, deep-colored roots
- Avoid spots, bruises, and soft and wet areas
- Do not wash beets before storage
- Wrap a plastic bag tightly around the beets, squeezing out as much air as possible
- Keep them refrigerated for 4 days
In collaboration with Soul Food Salon, each week we will feature a delicious and seasonal ingredient (recipe + some interesting wellness facts). Please share pictures of your meals on Instagram using the hashtag #SoulFoodSalon and follow us at @JudithDuval and @SoulFoodSalon. We can’t wait to cook with you!